Teamwork. So teamwork is vitally important, and we learned how important it is in creative situations like the game Chelsee & Matt had us play last week. I would have never thought of what to do for 'junkyard' without my teammates. Teamwork is especially important for tasks that are difficult for one person to accomplish. Take making a pyramid. There is No way only one person can do that (without looking like a tard). In making a pyramid, a team really has to work collaboratively to accomplish it without someone getting injured. As peer mentors, we will need to use teamwork between the two mentors when instructing the seminar. We all have different strengths, and using them effectively will make us better mentors.
Kudos to Chelsee and Matt for a great class. I liked how they thought outside the box (and classroom if you will) to take us outside. The game was a good way to integrate the lesson and our interactions. This was creative, and hopefully I can use this technique with my mentees next year.
Chao!
Hey Lauren-
ReplyDeleteGood post, this was an awesome class for sure, and I think it would be a fun way to spend a class with the mentees as well!
See you tomorrow!
Hey Lauren,
ReplyDeleteGood job in elaborating on the whole teamwork dealio. I definitely had a good time last week. Sometime we will have to plan something where we can all just have some fun outside.
See you tomorrow.
I agree. I thought the activity was great and it was something fun and got us engaged quickly. Definitely something to reference to next year.
ReplyDelete