When taking the quiz about our confidence in our knowledge about the material covered this semester, I felt pretty good about what I knew and needed to know more about. It is amazing how much I've learned about being an effective peer mentor and how much I've learned about myself. I feel way more positive about my abilities as a peer mentor than I did at the beginning of the semester, and I know that positive feeling will continue to increase.
I am extremely excited to talk to the panel this week. Learning from a book is one way of learning, but learning about being a peer mentor from past peer mentors is more effective I think. They can tell us first-hand about their experiences and can give us feed-back about what they learned.
I think it was a good idea to move the Hixson retreat from today to extended Wednesdays because with helping with VEISHEA Village, etc., today is the first day I've been able to work on homework! I'm looking forward to this extended Wednesday.
Chao
I normally don't like two hour classes (I have an issue with the hour and twenty minute ones), having two hours of Hixson class is actually something I look forward to, especially with getting to eat and hearing from previous Peer Mentors.
ReplyDeleteagreed Austin! Sunday was a much needed day of recovery for many of us and I have a feeling that this weeks class is going to be fun. Especially because there is free food :]
ReplyDelete