Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Perfect Game

Yay for Hixson Retreats! Saturday was a blast, and its great that we are becoming a close group. The scavenger hunt was fun because we went to places in Ames I had never been to (a little sad that I'd never been to the public library or Perfect Games!). I am learning more and more about everyone just about every time we meet. I mean, who knew that Matt rocks at Dance Dance Revolution?

I think I am finally getting this lesson planning structures stuff down. It is difficult to plan classes like that when I'm unsure how long things will take. I think my biggest problem is that I try to pack too much stuff into one lesson- overly ambitious perhaps. These lesson plans are getting me more and more excited about leading classes next semester. I'm looking forward to teaching the incoming students all these wonderful things about ISU! I need to get over being nervous though- I worry about being prepared, not making an ass out of myself , and actually making a difference to them. Hopefully by next semester, I'll overcome this. At least we have a great group of mentors, and I think the group of Hixson freshmen will have a great time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being scavenger hunt teammates! Yesterday was a blast and our team was bomb. I completely agree with you on the lesson planning. It gets really overwhelming trying to plan a class that will be worthwhile but still totally entertaining. I mean I don't wanna be a boring Hixson leader! But we will only improve with time, and next year will be a total blast with our new lil freshies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay indeed!!! I agree, the lesson planning structures are getting me very excited to mentor next fall. It is good that we are doing them now though, imagine how much more comfortable we will be when we start in the fall!!!

    ReplyDelete