Saturday, September 13, 2014

Happily Lost

This morning (Saturday (Samtag)) I woke up late. I had a full 12-hours of shut-eye which hasn't happened in years I think. I made some awful instant coffee and sat on the little outdoor terrace until it started drizzling.

I continued drinking my shitty coffee indoors while attempting to read about how confusing the German language is until the sun peeped out.

Happily I spent the day running errands (i.e. buying a hairdryer) and then going for a run through winding streets and eventually a long gravel trail through corn fields and pastures to the Enea office. At some point I didn't take a necessary left and ended up finding myself at a marina by the lake. It was absolutely stunning. People were out walking and sunbathing. One thing that I love about Switzerland is that getting lost just leads you to more beautiful places.


Once I got to the office, I had to walk around the Tree Museum. It is easily one of my favorite places- everything about it is beautiful.

Following this I bike home and then walked to an art exhibit at Elektrizitatswerk. It's an old diesel electric station, but for now, it's an art exhibit for a local artist who also does drawings for our office. The artist graciously showed me his work & discussed his process/thoughts; his art is typically about human connections/emotions/relationships/etc. While his English is very good, I think he was happy when I left because he was tired of translating things to English in his head..

The rest of my afternoon was just me walking around, trying to get lost but always managing to know exactly where I was. This town is so beautiful. Every moment could be the subject of a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment