Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Beginning of February


So this week at work was a little slow. Half of my studio was doing a workshop in Ecuador. I was pretty impressed with myself because I got up at 6am three out of the five workdays to run before work. I am going to try to keep up this habit.

On Friday, we had a pre-Super Bowl tailgate in the courtyard at work. All of the studios brought tents and lots of food. EDSA provided a pig and kegs. One studio set their tailgate up with couches and pillows and brought in a hookah. Pretty hilarious. It was a really good time until it started to rain, so I went home.

Saturday I walked to the beach which is about 3.5+ miles from our
house. I figured I would walk because I wasn't going to be doing much at the beach and that I should get some physical activity. It was a Hot walk, and by the time I got to the beach, I got into the water up to my thighs. I noticed that not many people were swimming. I had every good intention of reading, sketching, etc. at the beach, but I ended up sleeping the entire time, waking up with a good burn on my face and chest.

I was getting ready to go when a 30-some shirtless guido came up to me (tanning lotion bottle in hand) and told me I was very attractive and that I had a great smile. He asked me if we could exchange numbers, so I said I had a boyfriend. He apologized, said my boyfriend was a lucky guy, and that he should be here. No shit right? That was when I left, haha. I walked home, and since my roommate Tyler is a nazi and exercises all the time, he of course was taking off for another run. (He had already biked for 3 hours that morning). This moti
vated me to go on a run too, so I ran to the 17th St bridge and back (4-5miles).

This morning Tyler told me that between Friday and Saturday, about 500 people at the Fort Lauderdale Beach were stung by Portuguese Man-of-War jelly fish. That was why no one was swimming yesterday! Ridiculous. They were all over the beach when I was there and I was surprised because I had never seen the beach not clean. I'm glad I didn't decide to swim.

I went for a 9mile run to the beach, and it was pretty hot out and didn't become overcast until after I was almost done (naturally). After that Tyler and I made guacamole and took it to the Superbowl party at an IT guy from EDSA's place. He borrowed two huge projection screens from the office and had one outside. It was crazy. And the Packers won so it was a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment