
After Florence we went to the Villa Medici at Fiesole about 30 minutes outside of Florence. This was the first villa to be terraced and placed right into a hillside. It was magnificent, and the views to Florence were incredible. It was a perfect relationship between cut and fill.
A large group of us went to Cinque Terre after that. Our train took us to Riom
aggiore which is where we stayed at. The girls' room was right near the shore, but the guys had a hike to get to theirs. The first night there we had dinner and then drank wine on the rocks of the shore. The next day we set off to hike the 5 towns. It was supposed to be a 5-hour hike, but we made it in 3.5 hours. It was extremely difficult because there were very steep steps. I don't think I've ever sweat that much! The views were beautiful, and it was one of my favorite things I've done so far. Once we got to the last town, Monterosso, we hung out at the beach for a long time. Fatigue and my allergies kicked in and I was dead.
aggiore which is where we stayed at. The girls' room was right near the shore, but the guys had a hike to get to theirs. The first night there we had dinner and then drank wine on the rocks of the shore. The next day we set off to hike the 5 towns. It was supposed to be a 5-hour hike, but we made it in 3.5 hours. It was extremely difficult because there were very steep steps. I don't think I've ever sweat that much! The views were beautiful, and it was one of my favorite things I've done so far. Once we got to the last town, Monterosso, we hung out at the beach for a long time. Fatigue and my allergies kicked in and I was dead. The next day (July 4th) I spent the good part of my day on a train back to Roma, and it was incredibly Sloww. I arrived that evening to meet my dad and aunt Nancy for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment