Well this is my First reflective blog post as a Hixson peer mentor in-training. The first chapter of our peer mentor manual talked about reasons why someone would want to be a peer mentor. The more I think about becoming a peer mentor, the more I get excited about it. I am very excited to make a difference for next year's incoming freshmen and to build many new relationships.
The FISH! philosophy we learned about at the Reception was very inspirational. Not only have I found myself applying it towards being a peer mentor, but I've applied it in my day-to-day activities. I try to be positive and engaged during school and work when I would sometimes rather be passive or sluggish. I try to 'Be There' when I'm working, and I end up accomplishing a lot more & enjoy it more too.
This semester will be a great learning experience, and I am looking forward to getting to know my fellow peer mentors too!
---Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment